Sunday, February 15, 2009

John Avlon Rocks!

John Avlon is the man, plain and simple. In my opinion, he is one of the most openly centrist people that I have seen in the media today.

Boy Wonder became known best as Rudy Giuliani's speechwriter during Giuliani's tenure as mayor and during his presidential campaign. Between his jobs as a speechwriter, Avlon wrote Independent Nation. The book covers Avlon's view of centrism by using issues and opinions of past presidents who he felt were centrist.

Avlon is unique because he brings a sense of passion to an ignored ideology. Avlon leaves the realm of democrats and republicans, to end up in a place full of Americans, you and me. In every video clip I've seen of him, he conveys a sense of hope that is never found in this polarized world of politics we live in today. Below, I've embedded some clips that I've found on YouTube.

I think what amazes me the most is that he's respected on all of the twenty-four hour news channels. Boy Wonder's approach to politics is constantly clear and well thought. I wish politicians all over the political spectrum would take a lesson in Avlonics and just tell it like it is in a clear manner. Obviously he's gifted with words, but he doesn't sugar coat anything.

If there was a Center Movement, he'd be the face of it.

I'm sure at this point that reading this post sounded like a high school crush. Well, the answer is no. I am only very happy that people like John Avlon are representing centrists because of his refreshing voice and logical bi-partisan views.


Links:

John Avlon's Wikipedia page
Independent Nation


Some Videos...











No comments: